Making you feel like you are the only client we work with
“We know our clients can take their money anywhere they choose. And yet they’ve chosen us, which is something we refuse to take for granted.”
–Paul Schatz, Heritage Capital
At Heritage Capital, we’re known for our proprietary investing strategies along with unrivaled service. With our proactive and frequent communication, our goal is to make you feel like you are the only client we work with. That’s important to us and part of our culture. We want you to always feel that you can get the information you need when you need it.
Are we right for you?
Our clients include many Connecticut residents, however, we can and do help people virtually across the country. Our specialty is helping those who are approaching or already in retirement. Here are the primary concerns we address.
|Common Client Concerns||How We Help|
|When can I retire?||• We’ll work with you to help you determine how much you need to fund your lifestyle.
• We’ll develop tax-efficient income strategies that can help you generate your desired income retirement.
• We’ll help you with any financial decisions like college funding, refinancing or car purchases, so you can avoid big mistakes.
• Our ongoing support will ensure that you feel confident and organized.
|Is my retirement money invested right?||• As you approach retirement, investment choice and diversification becomes exceedingly important.
• We help you determine how much risk you should be taking based on your goals and circumstances.
• Then we’ll invest your money and monitor it 24/7, making changes as needed, so your money works for you in both good and bad markets.
• We’ll explain everything we do to you in plain English so you can feel confident.
|Will my money last in retirement?||• The common “buy and hold” or passive investing approach can be disastrous for retirees when you don’t have time to recover losses.
• Instead, we use an active management approach including defensive as well as offensive strategies.
• This approach helps you move consistently toward your goals and seeks to protect you from large losses.
|What happens to my retirement income during the next recession?||• Our Active Management Strategies and defensive positioning (when appropriate) can help shield your portfolio from excessive downside risks.
• Our 24/7 portfolio monitoring means we keep an eye on your money continuously, so you don’t have to.
• If you prefer, we’ll help you shift some of your holdings into more conservative vehicles to help minimize exposure to market movement.
|I’m recently divorced and unsure about my money||• Divorce can be emotionally as well as financially stressful. We understand and have helped many people get back to feeling confident after divorce.
• We’ll help you plan and invest in a way that will help you achieve your goals.
• We’ll help you with other financial decisions like refinancing, car or insurance purchase, so you can avoid mistakes.
• We’ll help you understand your investments so you can feel in control again.
|I lost my spouse, and I’m not sure how to handle all the finances||• We’re very experienced in helping clients through the loss of a spouse, which can be emotionally and financially very difficult.
• Our goal is to help you first stabilize and get organized so you can feel in control again.
• We’ll help you with financial planning and provide strategies that can help you achieve your goals.
• We’ll make sure you understand and feel comfortable with the strategies, so you can feel confident going forward.
Retirement Planning. We specialize in helping those preparing for or already in retirement. We’ll prepare detailed projections so you can know what your retirement will look like, and we’ll help you find the best social security filing strategy. Our Active Management Investment Strategies seek to protect your money while generating retirement income and conservative growth. Our goal is to help you feel confident about your future so you can relax and enjoy life.
Divorce/Loss of Spouse. Losing a spouse or partner, either through death or divorce, can be difficult financially as well as emotionally. We specialize in helping you get organized and back on track, so you can feel confident again about your future.
Managing Retirement Accounts. Many people in the U.S. are sitting on very large employer retirement plans or individual retirement accounts (IRAs). Unless you’re a financial professional, it can be difficult to know how to properly invest those accounts. And as important, you don’t want to lose what you’ve built when the next bear market hits. Many financial advisors and investment managers will not help you with accounts that aren’t held with them…but it’s a critical part of your financial future. Our team can help you invest the account in line with your goals, with diligence and discipline.
Corporate Executives, Professors, and Professionals. When you’ve got a demanding schedule and busy career, it can be hard to know if you’re maximizing your financial resources. We can help you get your money working for you, so you can move toward financial independence. Our full-service approach helps you define your financial goals, then get on track to achieve them.
Our Commitment to You
- We will proactively manage your investments and always use defensive as well as offensive strategies.
- We will handle your investments in-house and not outsource your investment management to someone you never meet.
- We will listen more than we talk, so we fully understand your goals, concerns, preferences, and responsibilities.
- We will always act as your legal fiduciary, meaning we put your interests first at all times.
- We’ll help you address any money worries you have with sound strategies.
- We will help you stay informed about your investments and your money.
- We’ll return your calls or emails quickly (and always within 24 hours).
- Our fees will always be transparent and easy to understand.